Madeline Whittier is allergic to the outside world. So allergic, in fact, that she has never left the house in all of her seventeen years. She is content enough—until a boy with eyes the color of the Atlantic Ocean moves in next door. Their complicated romance begins over IM and grows through a wunderkammer of vignettes, illustrations, charts, and more.
Everything, Everything is about the thrill and heartbreak that happens when we break out of our shell to do crazy, sometimes death-defying things for love.
NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!
PRAISE FOR EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING
- #1 New York Times Bestselling debut
- Over 8 months on the NYT Bestseller's list!
- New York Times, Sunday Book Review
- School Library Journal, Best Book of 2015
- Kirkus Reviews, Starred Review
- School Library Journal, Starred Review
- School Library Journal, Starred Review for Audiobook
- Book Expo America Young Adult Buzz Panel selection (2015)
- Indies Introduce Debut selection
- #2 Indie Next Autumn 2015 selection
- American Library Association - 2016 Best Fiction for Young Adults selection
- American Library Association - 2016 Top 10 Quick Picks for Reluctant Readers selection
"Gorgeous and lyrical."
— New York Times, Sunday Book Review
"Not only was I totally hooked...by the end I was totally blown away."
— Arun Rath, NPR Weekend's All Things Considered
"Yoon gives readers complex characters and rich dialogue that ranges from humorous to philosophical. This heartwarming story transcends the ordinary by exploring the hopes, dreams, and inherent risks of love in all of its forms."
— Kirkus, Starred Review
"VERDICT Everything, Everything is wonderful, wonderful."
— School Library Journal, Starred Review
"Don’t let “sick teen” fatigue keep you from this fresh, moving debut: It’s far more complex than the sweet tale of first love it initially seems to be." GRADE A-
— Entertainment Weekly
"This extraordinary first novel about love so strong it might kill us is too good to feel like a debut. Tender, creative, beautifully written, and with a great twist, Everything, Everything is one of the best books I've read this year."
— Jodi Picoult, New York Times bestselling author of Leaving Time and Off The Page
"I give all the stars in the sky to Nicola Yoon's sparkling debut...powerful, lovely, heart-wrenching, and so absorbing I devoured it in one sitting. The rare novel that lifts and shatters and fills you all at once"
— Jennifer Niven, New York Times bestselling author of All the Bright Places
"With her stunning debut, Everything, Everything, Nicola Yoon has constructed an entirely unique and beautiful reading experience. Gorgeous writing meshes with original artwork to tell a love story like no other. You've never read a book like this"
— David Arnold, author of Mosquitoland
"Everything, Everything has everything...romance, heart and intelligence. Nicola Yoon's book and voice stayed with me long after I finished reading."
— Danielle Paige, New York Times bestselling author of Dorothy Must Die
"There's a quiet beauty about Everything, Everything that kept me captivated from start to finish. Olly and Madeline's love story stole my heart."
— Katie McGarry, author of Nowhere But Here
"Sometimes you come across a book that's completely different and just so PERFECT. From the diary entries to the book reviews to the illustrations to the IMs, Maddie and Olly's love story is sweet, bitter and brave. A do-not-miss for fans of John Green and Rainbow Rowell (aka everyone)
— Justine Magazine
"I’m a big fan of voice-dominated fiction, and protagonist Maddie --- a girl who is “allergic to the world” and can’t leave the house --- is a whip-smart, thoughtful and genuine narrator.
"But Yoon’s story, about Maddie, a girl who’s literally allergic to the world, is something new: a vibrant, thrilling, and, ultimately, wholly original tale that’s bound to be an instant hit..."
"...an easy romance to get caught up in."
— Publishers Weekly
- Russia - Clever
- Indonesia - Penerbit Haru
- Portugal - Presenca
- Sweden - Bonnier
- Finland - WSOY
- Croatia - Znanje
- Estonia - Paikese Kirjastus
- Georgia - Bakur Sulakauri
- Iceland - Bjartur Bokaforlag
- Vietnam - Mintbooks
- Chile - Ediciones SM Chile
- Slovakia - SPN Mlade Leta
- Japan - Sayzansha
- Slovenia - Mladinska Kniga
- Argentina & Uruguay - Ediciones SM Argentina
- Taiwan - Sun Color Culture Co.
- China - Beijing Xiron Books Co., Ltd
- Ukraine - FLC/Hemiro
- Latvia - Zvaigzne ABC
- Albania - Bota
- Random House Audio - Listening Library
- United Kingdom - Penguin Random House UK
- Germany - Dressler
- Italy - Sperling
- Brazil - Novo Conceito
- France - Bayard
- Netherlands - Querido
- Isreal - Kinneret
- Spain - Ediciones SM
- Canada - Doubleday
- Lithuania - Leidykla Gelmes
- Greece - Psichogios
- Turkey - Pena Yayinlari
- Czech Republic - Jota
- Norway - Aschehoug
- Denmark - Carlsen
- Bulgaria - Ibis
- Poland - Publicat
- Serbia - Urban Reads
- Korea - Wisdom
- Hungary - Gabo
- Romania - Editura Art